Hello! My name is Peter Lazarski. It’s nice to meet you.
My experience history:
- Roc Game Dev, co-founder and Board Member (2019 – current)
ROC Game Dev is an organization dedicated to fostering a community of game creators in Rochester, NY. I co-founded the group with Rob Mostyn in 2015 with what started as a small social interest group. Now it has grown into a non-profit that organizes multiple monthly meetings and annual showcase events across Rochester. Additionally it hosts a co-working and event space in the Sibley Building.
- Art Director at Workinman Interactive (2013 – 2019), previously I was a game artist at Workinman (2010 – 2013)
I oversaw production teams ranging from 3 to 10 people with project timelines spanning anywhere between five weeks and two years. We worked on numerous games and projects for national brands. I organized training and professional development for our in house artists and facilitated better collaboration between our blended teams of artists and developers.
- Freelance interactive designer at Partners and Napier (2010)
I did on-site freelance design work for a few months in Spring 2010 supporting the interactive design team.
- Adjunct Professor at Rochester Institute of Technology (2007 – 2010)
I taught a variety of courses in the RIT School of Graphic Design, College of Imaging Arts and Sciences. Courses I taught include Intro to Web Design, Intro to Time Based Design, Computer Skills: Vector Imaging, Computer Skills: Raster Imaging, and others.
- New Media Designer at Dawnbreaker, Inc. (2005 – 2007)
I did web and interactive design for our company website, client websites, trade show displays, and kiosks. Our clients included the NAVY, Department of Energy, Department of Defense, and private technology and research firms.
A bit about myself:
- 6 years experience in art direction, instruction, and project management
- I have shipped numerous projects for clients including Nickelodeon, Disney, Sesame Street, NBC, Unity, and Google
- Skilled in IP development
- 15 years experience in design production, illustration, animation, motion graphics. Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- 4 years experience in 3d and programming. Blender, Gamemaker, HTML/CSS, Wordpress
- 2018 New York State Game Dev Challenge finalist in the Indie category for Abyxsis
- Passionate mentor, team advocate, and community manager
- Skilled presenter and speaker. Hundreds of hours logged as a Twitch broadcaster
- Always seeking to learn new skills and tools of the trade. Skilled self learner, self taught 3d modeling and programming
Some other points of interest:
- Twitch broadcaster, twitch.tv/imaginarymonsters (2016 – current)
I make games independently as a hobby and broadcast that work on Twitch. More than that, we have a vital community of kind and passionate content creators. I use the time I have on Twitch for creative production, for mentoring new creatives, for community growth, and outreach. In between broadcasts I host a Discord server for members of our community to keep in touch and share what they are working on.
- Many years a Dungeon Master, pen and paper roleplaying game enthusiast. Currently versed in 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons
- Loves video games
- Loves making things
- Enjoys reading science fiction and fantasy novels, classic literature
- Loves attending industry trade shows, meeting people making things, and sharing what I make with others. 9 years attending PAX East, numerous times an exhibitor at events like San Diego Comic Con, PAX East, MOCCA Fest, and other regional events
My education history:
- Graphic Design at Rochester Institute of Technology (2001 – 2005) in the School of Graphic Design within the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences (CIAS). I minored in Japanese Language and Culture